Easter Fun for All the Family!
Easter Fun for All the Family!
The Easter holidays are here and if you have kids, it’s probably the second most exciting time of year, after Christmas. All that chocolate and time off school! But if you’re at a loss with what to do with the family and you’re keen to drag them away from the Easter eggs for a while, here’s five indoor and five outdoor ideas that you can do as a family over Easter (because we all know, the British weather isn’t always kind…)
Indoor Easter Fun
- If you have older kids, try starting to trace your family tree – it’ll give you a fascinating insight into where you all come from. Or, dig out the old family photo albums and have a belly laugh at the hair styles over the years.
- Puzzles and board games can take away a dreary day inside. They don’t have to be brand new, search in charity shops and on local giveaway groups on Facebook. Yes, there’s a chance that not all the pieces will be there, but making it up as you go along is all part of the fun.
- Cooking with young ones can be fun (if you don’t mind the mess) and can teach them more about where their food comes from. Try these Ginger Oaties or these Cheesy Peppers.
- If it’s cold and wet outside, the last thing you’ll want to do is plan an Easter egg hunt outside. So why not do an inside one? There’s plenty of hiding spaces to be found behind curtains, under cushions and underneath the cups and glasses in the kitchen cupboards.
- There’s nothing wrong with a duvet day in front of the TV watching family favourites. If you feel a bit stale, promise yourselves you’ll do some star jumps every hour!
Outdoor Easter Fun
- The obvious Easter holiday outdoor treat is an Easter egg hunt, so get creative and set some fiendish clues to where you’ve hidden the stash.
- Take a trip to the Great British Seaside. Going by train will add to the excitement, and you can play Eye Spy from the window as you see the towns and villages go by.
- Have you ever heard of Geocaching? It’s a modern day treasure hunt where you download an app and you’ll get clues to locally hidden treasures. Some may be designed to be left behind and some you can add to for the next explorers. It’s relatively unknown, so spread the word and make it a big deal in your neighbourhood!
- A litter pick might not sound like an exciting school holiday treat, but lots of areas have organised picks, where you can turn up with gloves and off you go after a safety briefing. It’s incredibly selfless and helps to instil a good message in young people – that littering is wrong, but looking after your local surroundings is a positive and fulfilling act.
- Scour your local physical and online message boards and try to find an organised nature walk or trail. If not, create your own! Even if you’re in a large town or city, there’s still nature to explore – peeking out of pavement cracks or birds nesting high up in buildings.
Workout with Davina McCall!
Lose weight, tone up and build your confidence with Davina McCall & her team of trainers. From dance and aerobics to yoga and xfight there is something for everyone!
You can get access to Own Your Goals and all it has to offer for as little as £4.99 a month including an exclusive community of over 40,000 people just like you.
We’ve got something for everyone.
With a huge variety of workouts, suitable for complete beginners or those looking to take their fitness to the next level, there is something for everyone.