The Essential Items We All Need this Summer!
The Essential Items We All Need this Summer!
It’s summer, so we can officially put the coats, boots and brollies away until October (hopefully). During the summer months there are essentials we need to keep looking and feeling our best, so here’s our handy checklist of the essentials we all need…
- Nourishing, light skin care - When the weather warms up, our skin can struggle especially if we have sensitive skin or we suffer with sweat rashes. Treat your face to a thorough cleanse using a gentle cream cleanser twice a day to remove dirt, sweat, makeup and environmental toxins. During the day, use an oil-free moisturiser, eye cream and SPF and before bed treat your skin to a heavier moisturiser and an antioxidant vitamin C serum. Exfoliate twice a week to keep your pores clear and your skin fresh.
- Reusable water bottle - It’s super important to remain hydrated during the summer, especially if we’re exercising. Tap water is free and safe, so there’s no need to buy water in single use plastic bottles. Instead, fill a reusable bottle and carry it with you. Most towns and cities also have taps that can be used to refill, and many bars, restaurants and cafés will also refill for you.
- Fresh produce - The summer is a time for abundant crops of salad leaves, salad vegetables, greens, new potatoes, berries and soft fruits. All of which are packed with antioxidants that protect our immune system and are hydrating due to their natural water content. Ensuring we get plenty of vitamins and minerals and stay well hydrated, will not only help boost our immune systems, but will also provide us with the correct fuel needed to make us feel energised, full of vitality and ready to enjoy the summer.
- New garden furniture - Or a revamp of the old set by dusting it down in the shed or garage and if it’s suitable, giving it a lick of paint. Old tables can get an instant new lease of life by adding a brightly coloured tablecloth and old chairs look fab with some bright, plump cushions. Then all you need is the BBQ to go with it!
- A foldable lace or paper fan, or (in Spanish) pericón - Let’s face it, if we’re experiencing menopausal symptoms including hot flushes, the summer can make our internal heat levels feel worse. Keep cool with a fan and channel your inner spanish señorita.
- Breathable clothing - If we’re struggling with the heat (whether due to our hormones or not) then manmade fabrics that contain plastics such as polyester, polyamide and acrylic won’t help. We need loose clothing made from natural, breathable fabrics such as cotton, linen and hemp.
- Moisture wicking workout gear - That said, cotton isn’t great for exercising in, as it draws in moisture and becomes wet and heavy. For exercise gear, we need moisture wicking fibres that draw moisture away from the body, such as nylon, polyester and merino wool.
- Beachwear - Whether we’re staycation-ing or going further afield, heading to the beach is a favourite summer pastime for us Brits. So find the bikini or one piece that makes you feel amazing, grab your flip flops and a towel, and get those toes in the sand! Remember... all you need to be 'beach body' ready is your favourite swimwear, your body and of course a beach!
- An oversized canvas tote bag - Because how else are we going to carry all of these things?!
Workout with Davina McCall!
Lose weight, tone up and build your confidence with Davina McCall & her team of trainers. From dance and aerobics to yoga and xfight there is something for everyone!
You can get access to Own Your Goals and all it has to offer for as little as £4.99 a month including an exclusive community of over 40,000 people just like you.
We’ve got something for everyone.
With a huge variety of workouts, suitable for complete beginners or those looking to take their fitness to the next level, there is something for everyone.
Why Join OYG?
- Over 1000 On-Demand Workouts
- Work Out In the Comfort Of Your Own Home
- 20+ Fitness Challenges
- 11+ Fitness Programmes
- Create Your Own Workout Playlists
- Interactive Meal Planner
- Workout with Davina and 16 trainers
- Join The OYG Online Community
£49.99 for annual subscription, auto renews at end of period. New subscribers sign up through the link. Existing subscribers through OYG account. Saving of over 50% when compared to OYG OnDemand monthly £9.99. Promo organised by Universal Pictures Visual Programming Limited. OYG Terms: ownyourgoals.com/terms.