OWN YOUR GOALS CAMPAIGN COMPETITION
Terms and Conditions
“Competition”: Own Your Goals Campaign Competition
“Promoter’s Facebook Page”: Own Your Goals Davina Community
“Minimum Age”: 18 (eighteen)
“Territory”: United Kingdom
“Main Prize”: Star in an advertising campaign to promote Own Your Goals
“Number of Main Prize Winners”: 1 (one)
“Start Date”: 30 November 2021
“Closing Time”: 23:59:59 (GMT) on 6 December 2021
“Selection Period”: From Closing Time until 10 December (inclusive).
“Notification Period”: From Closing Time until 13 December (inclusive).
“Response Deadline”: 48 (forty-eight) hours
“Facebook Entry Limit”: 1 (one)
“Selection Criteria”: The entry that, in the opinion of the Competition judge/judging panel, demonstrates the most skill in performance.
By entering the Competition via Facebook you acknowledge and agree that you accept and will be bound by the following terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) relating to the Competition.
- PROMOTER:The promoter of the Competition is UPL MARKETING LIMITED (“Promoter”), a company registered in United Kingdom with Company Number 08417574 and whose registered office is at 281 Roman Road, Mountnessing, Brentwood, Essex, (“Registered Office”). If you have any questions or concerns in relation to the Competition, you can write to the Promoter at the Registered Office or email the Promoter at email@example.com, marking your letter or email for the attention of Louise Johnson, Managing Director and giving the name of the Competition and details of the question or concern.
- ELIGIBILITY:(a) AGEEntrants must be the Minimum Age or over. (b) RESIDENCE Entrants must be legally resident in the Territory. (c) EMPLOYEES The following entities or persons are not eligible to enter the Competition: (i) any employee or agent of the Promoter and their immediate families and household members; (ii) any employee of any entity within the same corporate group as the Promoter; (iii) any person who is, and any employee of any entity which is, involved in any way with the organisation, management, promotion and/or administration of the Competition, including without limitation any persons or entities providing the Prize. (d) INELIGIBLE ENTRIES The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion at any time to (i) ask any entrant for proof that they satisfy any and all applicable eligibility requirements and to (ii) disqualify an entrant from the Competition in accordance with paragraph 8 below if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, that entrant has not proved to the Promoter that they satisfy any and all eligibility requirements for the Competition.
- SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS: (a) ENTRY MEDIA: FACEBOOK If the Competition T&Cs provide for entry via Facebook, you can only enter if you have a valid Facebook account, the Privacy Settings of which must not prevent the Promoter from contacting you by inbox message if you are selected as a winner.
- DATES:The Competition starts on the Start Dateand closes at the Closing Time. Any entries submitted before the Competition opens and/or after the Closing Time (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason) will be invalid and will not be entered into the Competition. Only eligible entries that appear on the Promoter’s Facebook Page timeline activity page between the Start Date and the Closing Time will be entered into the Competition and the computer of the individual administering the Competition on behalf of the Promoter will be the official timekeeper for all matters relating to the Competition.
- ENTRY:(a) FACEBOOKIf the Competition T&Cs provide for entry via Facebook, entrants must follow the Competition instructions set out on the Promoter Facebook Page or which can be accessed via a hyperlink contained in, a post or series of posts made by the Promoter on the Promoter’s Facebook Page (“Facebook Instructions”) to enter via Facebook. By using Facebook to enter the Competition, entrants agree that they are also bound by Facebook’s terms and conditions. (b) GENERAL Once an entry is submitted, it cannot be amended in any way. The Promoter will not accept entries which (i) do not comply with the applicable Facebook Instructions (the foregoing together, “Competition Instructions”) and/or these T&Cs and/or (ii) entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, are illegible, unviewable, indecipherable, inaudible, incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged and/or otherwise defective (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason). (c) MULTIPLE ENTRIES The number of times an entrant may enter the Competition is restricted to the Facebook Entry Limit (the “Entry Limit”) and entrants may not submit more entries than the number specified as the Entry Limit. If the Competition T&Cs provide for entry via more than one form of social media then you may enter the Competition via one or all valid forms of social media. Any entries made by an entrant in excess of the Entry Limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the Competition. Entrants are not permitted to enter as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person or entity. The authorised holder of the applicable social media account used to enter the Competition will be deemed to be the Competition entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify, in accordance with paragraph 8 below, any entries which, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, appear to be multiple (in violation of the Entry Limit), bulk, automated, machine assisted, third party, syndicate and/or other group entries. (d) LOST ENTRIES The Promoter has no liability for any entry that is not received by the Promoter in accordance with these T&Cs and the Competition Instructions (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason). (e) SOCIAL MEDIA ACCESS The Promoter does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the internet, the Promoter’s Facebook Page, and has no liability for any technical issues whatsoever encountered by entrants to the Competition.
- SELECTION OF WINNER:Within the Selection Period, the Promoter will select the Winner from the eligible pool of entrants in accordance with the Selection Criteria. The pool of entrants will be made up of all entrants who satisfy the eligibility requirements and the other rules, requirements and instructions set out in these T&Cs and the Competition Instructions and have not otherwise been disqualified from the Competition pursuant to these T&Cs. The Competition will be judged and the Winner will be selected by an independent person or by a panel containing at least one independent person. Provided that the Promoter complies with these T&Cs and ensures that the selection process complies with these T&Cs, the selection of the Winners is final and binding and no correspondence relating to selection of any Winner will be entered into by the Promoter.
- PRIZE:(a) GENERAL The Winner will win the Prize.The Prize is strictly non-transferable, non-exchangeable and may not be re-sold. No cash or any other alternative is available for any Prize. If any Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute it with a prize that the Promoter reasonably deems to be of at least the same value. Prizes do not include and/or cover any costs, taxes, fees, expenses and/or arrangements not expressly specified in the Prize (“Ancillary Costs”). The Winner is solely responsible for any and all Ancillary Costs connected with their Prize and the Promoter is not liable to reimburse the Winner for any Ancillary Costs such Winner may incur. The Promoter makes no representation or warranty in relation to any Prize and, to the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter will have no liability to any Winner in relation to the Prize.
- PRIZE CONFIRMATION AND ACCEPTANCE: (a) FACEBOOK If a Winner entered the Competition via Facebook, within the Notification Period, the Promoter will notify that Winner that they have won either the Prize by sending an inbox message (“Facebook Notification”) to the Facebook account used by the Winner to enter the Competition (“Winner’s Facebook Account”) (b) ACCEPTANCEThe Promoter must receive a response (“Response”) from the Winner to the Facebook Notification (the “Prize Notification”) by no later than the Response Deadline. The Response must be sent to the Promoter in accordance with the instructions contained in the Prize Notification and must include any information requested by the Promoter in the Prize Notification (including without limitation any information requested by the Promoter to prove that the Winner satisfies the Competition eligibility requirements) and the Prize will not be released to the Winner unless and until all such information has been received by the Promoter. If, prior to the Response Deadline, (i) the Promoter does not receive a Response, (ii) the Response received by the Promoter does not include all information requested by the Promoter in the Prize Notification and/or (iii) the Promoter is unable to contact the Winner via Prize Notification, the Promoter reserves the right to deem the Prize forfeited and may, in its sole discretion, select another winner. Proof of sending a Response does not constitute proof of receipt of the Response. Subject to Promoter receiving a Response and all information requested by the Promoter prior to the Response Deadline.
- FACEBOOK: If the Competition T&Cs provide for entry via Facebook: (a) Entrants to this Competition release Facebook from any consequences or obligations arising as a direct result of entering this Competition; (b) This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook; and (c) Information disclosed solely to the Promoter as part of this Competition is not disclosed by the Promoter to Facebook.
- DISQUALIFICATION:The Promoter is entitled in its sole discretion at any time to disqualify any entrant and/or any individual entry from the Competition without any liability on the Promoter’s part if (i) that entrant and/or entry fails to comply with these T&Cs and/or the Competition requirements in any way and/or (ii) the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that that entrant has acted fraudulently, dishonestly, inappropriately and/or improperly in connection with the Competition. Without limitation, if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that any entry has been generated by a script, software, macro or other automated means then the Promoter will be entitled to disqualify that entry and the relevant entrant in accordance with this paragraph. If a disqualified entrant is the Winner, the Promoter has the right to deem the Prize forfeited and, if the Prize has already been delivered to the Winner, the Promoter shall be entitled to recover the Prize from the Winner at the Winner’s cost.
- WINNER’S DATA:WINNERS’ DATA:The Promoter reserves the right to publish in all media and to disclose to third parties the Winner’s first name, surname and area of residence (“Winner’s Data”). The Winner’s Data can be obtained by sending a written request to the Registered Office marked for the attention of the Louise Johnson, Managing Director, stating the name of the Competition and enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope.
- COPYRIGHT AND PROMOTIONAL RIGHTS:All entrants assignall rights, titles and interests and copyright (whether arising now or later devised in the future) in their entries to Promoter. By entering the Competition, each entrant (i) confirms that they are the owner of the entry submitted by them and that their entry is original to them; (ii) grants to the Promoter, without the requirement for any further permission or payment, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable and royalty-free worldwide licence to use, reproduce, copy, publish, display, distribute, perform, translate, adapt, modify, and otherwise exploit their entry in any and all media; and (iii) warrants that they have the sole and exclusive right to grant such rights to the Promoter and that the Promoter’s' reproduction, publishing, displaying, and/or other use of their entry will not infringe on any rights of third parties, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, other intellectual property rights and/or privacy rights and/or create claims for defamation and/or breach of contract. The Promoter has no obligation to copy, publish, display or otherwise exploit any entry.
- PUBLICITY:The Winner may be required by the Promoter to participate in publicity in connection with the Competition, their Prize and/or the Promoter and by entering the Competition all entrants agree that if they win the Competition they will, participate in and cooperate with the Promoter in connection with any publicity activity reasonably requested by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge and agree that copyright in any publicity materials in which they and/or their details appear is the property of the Promoter and that the Promoter will be entitled to exploit such publicity materials in any and all media throughout the world in any manner it deems fit.
- CANCELLATION AND AMENDMENT: The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, postpone and/or amend the Competition and/or these T&Cs at any time without prior notice if any unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control make it reasonably necessary or prudent to do so.
- SEVERABILITY: If any part of these T&Cs is be determined to be illegal, void and/or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such part shall be severed and deleted, to the extent of such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability, and the remaining parts of these T&Cs shall remain in full force and shall continue to be binding and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES:These T&Cs do not create any right or benefit enforceable by any person not a party to them (within the meaning of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999).
- JURISDICTION: These T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Walesand the Promoter and all entrants to the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.