Curried Tofu Kebabs
- For the marinade:
- 8tbsp vegan (non-dairy) yoghurt
- 1tbsp medium curry paste or garam masala
- 2tsp tomato puree
- For the skewers: 200g extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 small red peppers, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 small green or yellow peppers, deseeded and cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- Olive oil, for greasing
- For the dip: 10tbsp non-dairy yoghurt
- 1/3 cucumber, finely diced
- 2tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- To serve:
- Salad of your choice and lemon wedges
How to Make It
Mix together the marinade ingredients thoroughly, and add the tofu, coating well.
Leave in the fridge for at least an hour so that the marinade seeps into the tofu.
If grilling put the grill on high.
Thread marinated tofu and vegetables alternately on to the skewers. Place on a greased tray, or if using barbecue, leave on a plate to take outside.
Make the dip by combining the yoghurt, cucumber and mint.
Whether you use the barbecue or grill, turn the kebabs over regularly to avoid burning.
When cooked and slightly charred, remove and serve with salad and lemon wedges.
Workout with Davina McCall!
Lose weight, tone up and build your confidence with Davina McCall & her team of trainers. From dance and aerobics to yoga and xfight there is something for everyone!
You can get access to Own Your Goals and all it has to offer for as little as £14.99 a month including an exclusive community of over 360,000 people just like you.
We’ve got something for everyone.
With a huge variety of workouts, suitable for complete beginners or those looking to take their fitness to the next level, there is something for everyone