Potato and Spinach Curry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and diced
- 1 tsp dried cumin
- 5 cardamom pods, crushed
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1x 3cm piece of fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 750g new potatoes, halved
- 200g fresh spinach leaves
- ½ tsp salt and pinch of pepper
- To Serve:
- Naan Bread
- Small bunch of coriander leaves, roughly chopped
How to Make It
Pre-heat the slow cooker if necessary.
Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onion, chilli and garlic. Stir over a medium heat for 5-6 minutes until soft.
Add the cumin, cinnamon, cardamom and turmeric and stir well for 1 minute.
Add the tinned tomatoes, stock, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer.
Pour the sauce into the slow cooker.
Add the potatoes and stir well, ensuring the liquid is covering the potatoes.
Cook on high for 6-7 hours on high until the potatoes are soft.
Stir the spinach into the curry and serve with naan bread and a sprinkling of coriander.