Vegetable and Lentil Hot Pot
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 450g brown lentils
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 1 14oz tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt and ¼ tsp of black pepper
- 150g baby spinach
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese (optional)
- Crusty bread/gluten free bread to serve
How to Make It
Heat the oil in a saucepan.
Add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery and stir over a low heat for 6-7 minutes until soft.
Add the lentils, stock, chopped tomatoes, smoked paprika, chilli powder, cumin, salt, pepper and 500ml water and bring to a boil.
Simmer gently for 25 minutes until the lentils are very tender.
Stir the spinach into the hot pot and simmer until just wilted.
Serve between 4 bowls and sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top. Serve with warm bread.