Vegetable Spring Rolls
- 2 teaspoons oil plus a little for brushing over the top at the end
- 1 sheet of filo pastry
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 clove of garlic, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (use gluten free if relevant)
- ½ red pepper, finely sliced
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 40g beansprouts
- 3 mini corncobs, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
How to Make It
Heat the oil over a medium heat in a frying pan.
In a bowl add all of the vegetables, garlic, Chinese five spice and soy sauce and mix well.
Add the mixture to the pan and cook for a few minutes to soften the vegetables. Add the mixture back to the bowl and leave to cool. Cover the bowl and place into the refrigerator to marinate for at least an hour.
Preheat the oven to 190c and line a baking tray with baking paper to stop the rolls from sticking to the tray. Take the bowl with the marinated vegetables out of the fridge.
Lay the sheet of filo pastry onto the tray. Cut in half horizontally, then cut each half into three even strips vertically. Place a spoonful of marinated vegetables at the bottom of each strip, fold over at the sides and roll up the pastry to the end.
Brush each roll with oil and bake for 15 – 20 mins until the rolls are crisp and golden.
Note: Recipe makes 6 spring rolls = 3 rolls per serving.