5 Top Tips for Sustainable Results
5 Top Tips for Sustainable Results
Venturing on a health and fitness journey can feel daunting and overwhelming, especially if we’re new to exercise or we’re struggling with low body positivity. Knowing how to exercise, when and how often is a minefield, which is why we’re always here to help.
One of the main concerns many of you have is how to exercise in order to achieve sustainable results – results that last and don’t leave you feeling bored or depleted. So here, we’re going to talk about how to achieve sustainable results so that we can live in a body that we feel proud of!
- Make the most of home based workouts to add convenience to your routine. Here at OYG we value the importance of home based workouts over gym based exercise – it’s so much more convenient, you don’t have to share sweaty equipment (or showers) and you can work out whenever it best suits you. All of our workouts can be completed at home and all you need is your gym kit, a mat and sometimes, a set of dumbbells.
- Consistency is key. Working out regularly, making committed, healthy food choices for the majority of the time and leading an overall healthy lifestyle will help you stay committed and achieve real results. Starting a fitness regime and then not sticking to it consistently will mean that the hard work you put in is then undone by not carrying on. Then, when you start again, you’ll be starting from scratch and the cycle continues which isn’t going to be beneficial for getting results.
- Keep things varied to ensure that exercise doesn’t become too samey and boring, because that’s a sure fire way of wanting to give up, and missing out on those results that last. If you’re following our Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced 12 week courses, then you’ll know how much we love variety! Plus, you can add in even more variety if you like, by taking part in one of our awesome challenge based exercise plans. Will 28 Days to a Healthier You be your thing? Or are you more suited to our Flexibility Challenge? There’s something for everyone, and you might even find something you didn’t know you loved.
- Choose an exercise that you enjoy, that way it won’t feel like a chore. If you know that you love dancing but really don’t enjoy a slower paced vibe with a lot of stretching and slow, purposeful movement, then set yourself free with a Dance Party rather than forcing yourself to enjoy Yoga.
- Stay slow and steady with achievable, realistic mini goals, because these all add up to one huge goal – your health, fitness and self-esteem! For example, if your end goal is to lose a stone, or two stone or whatever it is, don’t just keep on going until you reach that magic number on the scales. Instead, give yourself a gold star when you reach 2 lbs, or a quarter or half a stone. You’ll then be motivated to reach your next mini goal!
Workout with Davina McCall!
Lose weight, tone up and build your confidence with Davina McCall & her team of trainers. From dance and aerobics to yoga and xfight there is something for everyone!
You can get access to Own Your Goals and all it has to offer for as little as £14.99 a month including an exclusive community of over 360,000 people just like you.
We’ve got something for everyone.
With a huge variety of workouts, suitable for complete beginners or those looking to take their fitness to the next level, there is something for everyone.